No matter how well you maintain the cleanliness of your business, if the carpet is not well maintained, it won’t look well either.
We all know how expensive it is to get new carpet installed especially if you are doing it more often than needed.
Here are some Effective Tips to Help you Extend the Life of Your commercial carpet
- Regular Vacuuming: One of the best and easiest ways to get maximum is to keep it clean. Not all vacuum cleaners have the same quality. Buying a cheap one will lead to a carpet disservice. Small debris in your carpet can get nestled deep inside your carpet and may cause wear and tear. Using a high quality vacuum can get deep into your carpet and use powerful suction to remove this debris from your carpet.
- Use walk-off mats: 70% of the dirt brought into your business is from the first step. So, it’s best that our first step lands on a mat. Not just the doorways, we should also make sure to put the mat on common areas of high traffic such as couches, beds and tables. Laying down a mat on high traffic areas will help you keep your carpet protected.
- Clean the spots and marks immediately: The longer you let those spots stay on the carpet the more they will be absorbed. Work on it immediately. If you don’t act immediately, it can soak into the carpet fibers and will cause damages. If the spots or spills is given time to dry and set, they will turn into permanent stains, Clean it quickly for the best chance of avoiding a permanent stain. Ring One Stop Solutions Swansea for the best carpet cleaning services in Swansea.
- Rearrange the Furniture Regularly: It’s not until you decide to rearrange your furniture that you notice your heavy furniture has left indentations on your carpet. Typically, these happen to a low-quality carpet. Your carpet provider should give you knowledge about the type of carpet best suited to withstand furniture indentations/wear and tear, so don’t be afraid to ask for some advice
- Know what type of carpet you are getting: You can only keep your carpet well maintained for so long depending that it first arrives in. Always ask the supplier about the different types of carpets they have available. Ask if they provide materials that have advanced micro-technology for higher resistance to mould and stains. Different types of carpets need to be weighed before you make your purchase or if you’re moving into a new home with existing installed carpet. If the existing carpet is made of polyester, then you might need to vacuum and have the carpet cleaned more often. Whether new or existing, know your carpet.
- Hire a Pro: Most carpet requires professional cleaning either twice or once a year. Maintenance is important to make things last longer, this also applies to carpets. You may not want to do it yourself, call the Professionals! You should get the services of a reliable, reputable and experienced carpet cleaning company like One Stop Solutions Swansea to service your carpets regularly